The Personality Matrix – Managing your predictable behavior to achieve better outcomes and ultimately be in charge of what happens next!
Youth Employment Readiness Program
- Completing a sample Job Application
- Good Careers you’ve never heard of presented by our class speakers “Map Makers” and Guides.
- Field trip to a business partner where community leaders, Map Makers and Guides will conduct a 1st and 2nd interview of up to 60 students. Next 4 – 6 winners will be selected that will receive an incentive and a paid internship opportunity with a business partner in high school.
Beyond Financial Literacy: “Why should you save? What you can do with your savings can change your future.”
We plan to pilot a new Financial Literacy Concept beyond the concept of saving and budgeting so students might connect core financial concepts to the economic opportunities related to investing including investing in the stock market. Investing involves reading, math and developing analytical and critical thinking skills. This type of program reinforces that Education Equals Opportunity Too. Our goal is to measure the success of the program (in addition to our standard metrics; grades/grade improvement, reduction in discipline and improvements in attendance) and how successful students are doing in achieving returns on their invested dollars. No real money will be used in this training.
Advanced Reading Solutions
We offer to a subset of the students an opportunity to participate in a 12-day program designed to improve their reading, comprehension and retention abilities. This program is a licensed spin off of the Sylvan Learning program. To qualify, students must have tested at least 6 grade level in reading. We measure improvements in reading, comprehension and retention as part of the program. Our goal is to bring improvement in these areas. A secondary goal is to offer the trainer opportunities to Long Beach Unified School District teachers to teach the program.
S.T.E.A.M Program – Protect Tech from Viruses, Malware, Ransomware, ID and information theft and unauthoriyour zed or unintended access to your technology.
To enhance the S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) As a component of these signature programs, we will pilot in at least one school with a hands-on connection to developing and learning the skills necessary to execute on-the-case studies we provide with this program;
- Programming Basics – Computer Code Writing, Mobile Games
- Protect your Tech – from Viruses, Malware, Ransomware, ID and information theft, and unauthorized or unintended access to your technology
- Your Virtual You – How to create it and protect it
- Graphic/ Website design and YouTube/video editing
- What is Invention – “It starts with a drawing on the back of a napkin”